In order to enhance students' ability, we invite both domestic and foreign experts/scholars in the field of information security to share the experience in the international information security competition and practical fields.
AIS3 (Advanced Information Security Summer School) is hosted by Information Security Incubation Program Office, Ministry of Education. AIS3 held at NTUST (Taiwan Tech) with over 100 participants from 2015. AIS3 held in Taipei, Taichung, and Tainan/Kaohsiung at the same time in the following years due to the overwhelming response. There were 80, 45, and 35 participants in three venues respectively. Not only for students in college and university but also for high school students can attend the course this year.
Before the course, all of the participants should attend the pre-exam to prove their base of information security ability. The pre-exam is a Jeopardy-style CTF, including Web, Pwn, Misc, Reversing, and Crypto. After the course is AIS3 Final CTF (also Jeopardy-style). Participants can immediately apply the knowledge on more difficult challenges, and effectively enhance the strength.
Taipei：IB202 meeting room, International Building, NTUST
Taichung：The third PC classroom, second floor of CINC, NCHU
Tainan：75309 room at College of Science, Cheng-Kung Campus, NCKU
Room of sitting in
Taipei：IB201 meeting room, International Building, NTUST
Taichung：The first meeting room, CINC, NCHU (only 20 quotas, change to 302 classroom in Sep. 1st and 2nd)
Tainan：75312 room at College of Science, Cheng-Kung Campus, NCKU (only 20 quotas)
Taipei is taking 80 persons, prepare 25 persons.
Taichung is taking 45 persons, prepare 15 persons.
Tainan is taking 45 persons, prepare 15 persons.
Registration time： June 5th 10:00AM to June 20th 18:00PM, 2017
The registration requires to specify the venue (Taipei, Taichung and Tainan), and is only available online.
pre-exam time：July 5th 10:00AM to July 7th 17:00PM, 2017
Joining pre-exam is a necessary procedure to complete the registration, The qualification review is based on pre-exam scores.
Admission notification：Announce before July 28th, 2017 by mail and the website.
Course time：9:00AM to 17:30PM every day from August 28th to September 3rd, 2017. The time might be adjusted according to speakers. The last day will be AIS3 Final CTF.
1. The Taiwanese students in college or higher education with the basis information security ability.
2. Recommended high school students by school teachers, industry, security community and other security experts in the field.
3. According to the registration status, the organizer will retain the right to adjust the number of participants, and will provide a few quota to the security workers of government agencies and sponsor business. (Department approval letter and pre-exam participation is needed in registration. The organizer will only offer an approval admission letter, you have to request a leave of absence from work on your own.)
1. Pre-exam is only open to the registered people. For enrolled students, please sign in the website, copy your token and register the pre-exam. If you have any questions about pre-exam, please contact us by mail or make a phone call during office hour.
2. The pre-exam website will be available during the test time. Please back up any information if necessary.
3. Before July 12th, please don't dispose your solution in any way. The organizer will randomly select students to write and submit their write-ups.